Would you like to work in Christchurch with the outdoors, rich lifestyle but still have the software challenges that a global e-commerce/SaaS software house can offer? We are hiring a Frontend Engineer for our New Zealand team based in our Christchurch office and we are happy to offer sponsorship of work visa/visa applications. This is an opportunity to join a great relaxed work environment in which culture is key - a group of passionate people who love to innovate.
SLI Systems (SLI.NZ) enables the world's leading e-commerce retailers to accelerate sales by connecting shoppers with the products they're most likely to buy. With offerings that include site search, navigation, merchandising, mobile, product recommendations and user-generated SEO, SLI is the most chosen cloud-based site search provider to U.S. Internet Retailer Top 1000 retailers.
Okay, you are sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- We are looking for an innovative, experienced, collaborative Frontend Engineer to join our development team
- You will be part of full software development life cycle – requirements, development and maintenance.
- You will work with a talented multidisciplinary team.
- You will support rapid iteration and ideation processes. We are always looking for better ways of doing things whether this is new technology or an innovative user interface.
- You will be able to collaborate in the design process, gathering the requirements and come up with a plan of how the UI will be implemented.
- We provide a flat collaborative structure that encourages autonomy and self-driven results. Everyone’s door is always open. Roles are not tightly defined so there is plenty of opportunity to grow your skillset.
- You will have the chance to create software solutions that empower millions of online shoppers every day.
What you can bring to this role is:
- You have a relevant tertiary qualification.
- At least 5+ years of commercial experience developing front-end web applications.
- Have knowledge of Design Process for UI Development. User Interface Design for online applications UX/interaction and usability design, including turning out requirements analysis and mock-ups for existing or new features.
- Possess a thorough understanding of cross-browser/cross platform web development
- Experienced with responsive design
- Have advanced skills with standards-based web presentation technologies: HTML/HTML5, CSS.
- Is familiar with SASS, LESS or any other CSS pre-processors.
- Is familiar with frameworks such as Aurelia, Node, Angular and flexible enough to learn new ones.
- Familiar with testing frameworks such as Jasmine.
- Is a front-end engineer by heart but that doesn’t limit you to know how the full-stack works.
- Have commitment to agile development approaches: TDD, Continuous delivery.
- Have excellent English communication skills.
- Bonuses: Coffeescript, Familiarity with PHP and Java.
Why work at SLI Systems?
- We want you to love where you work Spacious, quiet and well equipped office in the heart of the Innovation precinct in Christchurch
- Sell a product that actually WORKS and you've already used if you've bought anything off the web
- Happy and referenceable customers
- Transparent culture and amazingly clear and passionate leadership across the globe
- Work-life balance- at SLI we make space and place for your life out of work
- We're already public!
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some smart and interesting people
- We value development. We are a high-performance team that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status
What do current staff say?
"People truly care and support each other professionally and personally. Transparency and trust are high throughout the teams, leadership and globally across offices. The company is also very focused on feedback from customers and look to them to help improve the products and service."
"Despite the recent growth everyone still finds time to sit down together."
"The people are smart, experienced, and self-made. There are tons of fun company-wide and office-wide events, gatherings, games, etc. that happen every month, which gives employees more to look forward to and helps build a community within us. The VPs are on top of their game, and are always willing to assist anyone and everyone, not just within their department. Also, the size of the company allows for each voice to be heard and for changes/ideas to be implemented more quickly."